Compliments, Complaints and Anti-Social Behaviour

CHADD prides itself on getting things right, however we know that sometimes things can go wrong. If your experience with CHADD has been an unhappy one, it is important to let us know so we can improve. Similarly if you have had a pleasant experience, we would love to hear about it. We have also added information on how to deal with any complaints around Anti-Social Behaviour.


CHADD Complaints Policy and Procedure 2023 as a pdf

Our Self-Assessment for the Housing Ombudsman Complaints Code


We really appreciate any positive feedback given from anyone who has encountered our service. This information helps us strengthen the services we operate. To send positive feedback or compliments via email or post please address them to:

Jean Reid
Complaints Handling Officer
Brindley House,
48-50 Hall St,


Service Complaints

What is a complaint?

A complaint is when you feel that the CHADD has let you down in some way, e.g. we have not provided the service promised in your Tenancy or Licence Agreement, or Support Agreement or a member of staff has been rude or unhelpful. If you are unsure, please read our 2023 Complaints Procedure and Policy by clicking here

Please note that reporting a faulty appliance or a blocked drain is not a complaint, it is a request for a repair to be carried out.

What to do if you have a complaint

You can complain verbally or in writing, either way it will be taken seriously.  If you wish, a friend or representative can help and support you in making your complaint. Here is how you can complain.  Download our complaints policy.

By phone
You can complain over the phone by calling 01384 456 465

By email
You can complain via email on

By post
You can complain in writing and send it to:

Jean Reid
Complaints Handling Officer
Brindley House,
48-50 Hall St,

We will respond to you within 14 days of receiving your complaint.

What to do if you are not happy with the outcome of the complaint

Usually our Complaints Procedure helps resolve any complaints that we receive, however if you feel that your complaint is still not resolved your issue or you are still not happy, you have the right to appeal to the Housing Ombudsman at the following address:

Housing Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
Harbour Exchange Square
E14 9GE

Please note that the Housing Ombudsman will not investigate a complaint until you have been through all the steps in the Complaints Procedure.

Anti-Social Behaviour

Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) are actions that harm or lack of consideration for the well-being of others. ASB covers a multitude of issues – from serious violence and harassment to more everyday incidents and situations like noisy dogs or rubbish dumping.

Examples of Anti-Social Behaviour

  • Harassment of any form.
  • Criminal activity including drug dealing.
  • Domestic violence and abuse.
  • Noise nuisance.
  • Untidy gardens.

How CHADD will deal with anti-social behaviour and harassment

If you believe that you are being subjected to Anti-Social Behaviour please contact CHADD on 01384456465. or email us on

We will always ensure confidentiality and get your consent before speaking with the person alleged to be causing the problem or other agencies.

Please refer to our Anti-Social Behaviour Procedure by clicking here for more detailed information on how we deal with your issue.