What We Do
Safety Net and Springboard
We provide a safety net of supported homes and community based services for people in Dudley who may be experiencing crisis or challenging transitions, homelessness, domestic abuse or may need support with independent living. Our aim is to provide services that act as a springboard to a better future.
CHADD – the Churches Housing Association of Dudley and District is a local, voluntary sector organisation fulfilling a charitable and social mission, exclusively in the metropolitan borough of Dudley. Registered as a provider of social housing (RP) and as an Industrial and Provident Society, it has the status of an exempt charity and as such is not required to be registered with the Charity Commission.
Chaired since its formation in 1979 by the incumbent Bishop of Dudley, the Right Reverend Graham Usher, who was installed as Bishop of Dudley in 2014, is the fourth Chairman of CHADD’s Board of Management. The Board currently comprises a number of voluntary members who are unpaid and bring a range of skills and experience to their role in the strategic management and direction of the Association and its business.
- Influential force for positive change in the community, bridging gaps in services.
- Provide high quality accommodation and services to meet needs & aspirations.
- Act as good stewards of publicly funded assets to provide financially viable services.
- Be a good employer; demonstrating the principles of fairness, integrity, respect and probity.
- Ensure awareness of our services, skills and expertise so we can respond to needs, opportunities and ideas.